How do you potty train your kid when you dont have anyone around to help you?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well my S/O was in the Marines and I was pretty much alone , at least in the day. You just have to be consistant with him. Try to watch for times when you think you see he might be going, little boys seemed to shiver like when they pee. They'll start grunting for the pooping. My Dr. said when the brain figures out the body feelings he'll start be on his way to good training, but you didn't mention an age. So any way, good luck, and have patience.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• um...what do you need help with exactly?
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• why do you need help?
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Pay attention to him and not this site.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• why do u need help ? all u have to do is stay on him and keep askin if he gotta go potty..
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ditto
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Make sure he/she is truly ready. Get some of those cute books to read to him/her about going to the potty. Read up on different methods. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My son said he wanted to go potty and started climbing on the toilet... I tried doing it before, and he just wasn't ready. Your best bet is to wait until he/she tells you they're ready. Potty training should not be stressful at all. I'm an Army wife, and dh is deployed. I did it all by myself, while living in Germany, with no friends. :) If I can do it, so can you. Good luck!
    mrs3stan

Answer by mrs3stan at 5:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Since boys potty train sitting down just like girls it would be okay for you to take him in to the bathroom with you. Get him to praise you when you potty. After a few time start asking if he wants a turn to! Don't forget to teach him to 'tuck it' lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010