Anybody ever went to Disney world?

Did you go through Disney or through a travel agent? I'm planning a trip there for Christmas 2011 and want to know which is best to go through..

Thanks

gotfavor

Asked by gotfavor at 5:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Travel

• Yes we went last year for Christmas and we are going this year!! We used a travel agent and had no problems!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've been a few times. I just made the plans myself. I don't like having to pay someone for something I can do myself.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• WE went last October. WE got a quote through the Disney website and through and agent...They cost the exact same price. WE ended up going through Disney. There planning section is very easy to use and we had no problems. SInce we live in Ga. we just drove. I guess and agent may come in handy if you had to fly... Keep in mind with the resort packages your first day in the park is the day you check in! I suggest spending the first night in a hotel near by. Coming in your first day to check in and head straight to the parks while they prepare your room. It was our rookie mistake when we went on our honeymoon. We didn't get there until 4 pm and lost almost a full day in the parks! If you need any other planning tips I would love to PM you. If there is one thing I love to talk about it's our Disney trips! Man I wanna go back!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I went when i was little.. so IDK.. BUMP
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 5:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I went for a family vaction, but my cousin planned it. From what I gather from her, she just got one of the packages you can get when you stay at one of the resorts. I was also going to go in Feb of next year and was doing all the planning myself, but it ended up costing too much. I would recommend staying at one of the Disney Resorts it seriously added to the fun of the trip! That and you don't need to rent a car because they have buses that will pick you up and take you to the different parks.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Check on line.. Disney has inclusive packages that are good deals. I used to live in Florida. Residents get good discounts. If you know someone living in FL maybe they can get better deals. McDonalds has a travel book with discounts on Hotels for each state.
    MomaV

Answer by MomaV at 5:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've never been there, but if you haven't either, I'd sugg you have a travel agent. They may be able to sugg the best places to see while your there as well as where to stay. Take a lot of the worry away from you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010