how can i tell the difference between real or fake contractions when with my last 2 pregnancies they both felt the same?

aangelmommie03

Asked by aangelmommie03 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ask a doctor!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i never could. I was in the hospital a lot with my last two. my doctor said "better safe than sorry" and he'd rather have me come in to make sure then assume they were not real.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think that a real one hurts a lot more!! Ive been having some fake ones here lately and they just make me tighten and I can feel it but the real ones seem to really hurt!! lol
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I thought real ones became more painful and more regular, lasting longer in length where as fake ones could fade and wouldn't fall into any kind of pattern. That said though, I wouldn't risk it if I didn't know the difference so check with the doc to be safe :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i really believe that you cannot tell the difference other than that "real" ctx lead to birth and "false" ctx don't! i didn't realize i was in labor with my baby until it was too late to stop things, and he was born 7 weeks early. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am not familiar with "fake contractions," if your uterus is tightening that is a contraction.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• when you have braxton hicks your whole stomach tightens. When you are having a real contraction your lower stomach is more what's affected
    Moonwhispers

Answer by Moonwhispers at 10:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would say if they are real they will be consistent and if they are fake they will be off as in timing.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010