Whats the best way to deal with your two sons when they fight

My twenty month old son and my three and a half year old son constantly are fighting. They both have bad tempers and both go after each other when they are mad. Time outs don't work and my one year old who is small for his age will go try to hit his older brother. I need to find a way for dealing with him and he does have an esphogus problem which requires lots of doctors and medications and he is very babied.

Kate45033

Asked by Kate45033 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Make sure they have plenty of 'alone' time during the day. It's hard at those ages to share toys let alone your parents time and space. Try setting up a room time for each one. Put a baby gate up in front of their door and turn on some music. This give 1 the opportunity to have one on one with you while the other gets to play in peace then switch. 30 min or so a day. You may have to start small it took a while for my kids to learn to like it. Now they ask to play in their rooms with the gate up!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010