Please Help!!!

My newborn has a terrible rash down there, it starts to bleed when I wipe her, I started using wet wash cloths instead of wipes to see if that helps, I been putting that Penaten cream for skin irritations, but it dont seem to be working.. I have her airing out right now, but I cant keep a diaper off her forever..I feel so bad for her and I dont know how to help... Is there anything you would suggest that has worked for your baby?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• desitin (sp?) and airing it out is great.. keep it off as much as possible also giving her a bath first then airing it out then putting the cream on then adding powder after that... also make sure you change diaper VERY often...gl hope it gets better REAL fast!! poor thing! :(
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 5:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think it's called butt paste will work or desitin, it's probably severe diaper rash
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• poor baby! :( are u sure she's not allergic to the diapers or formula if you're FFing? or something you're eating if you're BFing? Try putting vaseline and baby powder on top after washing and completely drying her bottom. GL!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• oh yeah and also using a blow dryer after washing to make sure it is VERY DRY will help out!! warning put on low heat and low blowing speed!! it will sooth her bottom!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 5:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That happened to my daughter after she was first born. Desitin works well but I found butt paste works so much better. But thats just my opinion. I hope all works out for your little one!
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 5:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Try desitin maximum strength (purple and white tube), It has way more zinc oxide than just the plain old desitin. It's the only one that cleared up my son's bad rash. My pediatrician also recommended triple paste, but the strong desitin worked wonders.
    ashley_2187

Answer by ashley_2187 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Colloidal silver. One of my DDs got a rash like that at the sitter's house one day and I tried everything under the sun, finally used the silver and it was almost completely better just overnight - it is a liquid, I soaked a peice of cotton in it and laid it over her whole area, closed the diaper over it and left it overnight. From then on it was the only thing I used on diaper rash and it always cleared up completely in less than 2 days.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Balmex and Desitin both work well for this. You should notice a difference the first time you use either of them. Normally you don't have to use a lot but when this happened to my kids I would make sure all of the area was covered pretty good.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• my brother had to get a script, found out his kid could only wear one kind of diaper. the rest broke her out. have you asked her doctor?
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Hey, my dd just had this last week. what i did was i put oatmeal in her bath and then afterput A&D
    mommy2be77

Answer by mommy2be77 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010