Should businesses consider a pit stop for children while thier mommy shops

could be in a grocery? Library? or dine in with strict restriction about bringing children in thier place.. win win situation, dont you think?

Anna.K

Asked by Anna.K at 5:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Our local Festival foods has a kid area

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Fred Meyer does, and it's free for 1 hour!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm sorry I don't understand your question. Are you asking if it would be a good idea for businesses to make special areas for kids to stay while parents do the shopping or whatever? It's a nice idea...but few would go for it. Liability is skyhigh. It would mean staff identified specifically for that purpose.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• um NO... you really think it should be the responsiblity of the Business to provide child care just so u can shop or dine or what-not? That's what babysitters or relatives are for...
    My dh worked at our local library for 2 years, worked evenings and i can not even tell you how many times he complained about people that would go in to use the computers and just let their kids roam around in the children's section and make messes and what not. YOU are responsible for your own kids, not someone else... sorry if this seems rude but just my opinion :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would not leave my child with somebody I didn't know or trust. PERIOD! I don't know many that would either. So imo... it is a waste of money for the company.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We have the Eagle's Nest at our Giant Eagle grocery store chain. You drop off your kids and they are safe and sound while you shop. My local store does storytime once a month in the evening and has other special events. It is really quite nice.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I say no, it is not the businesses responsibility to watch my children, it's mine :)

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i dont think i would be comfortable trusting in this type of situation anyway. if i need to do it without kids i get a sitter.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ikea does!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The girls that work our nest are student's who are learning early education and are really good with the kids. They take kids up to age 8. I've only used it for storytime but I'm very comfortable with it because it is my neighborhood grocery store and I probably know 70 percent of the peeps who work there.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010