custody question

My ex has custody of my child. He and his wife refuse to let me see her even though there is an order. I cant afford an attorney, what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• There is free legal aide. I'm not sure who to call to get it, but I'm sure you could find a number for something close in the phone book, or google.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• if you have an order to you having the right to visitiation then just call the cops or the judge its not that hard but if you dont really have those papers there is nothing you can do with out you going to court
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My DH went thru this...it was easily taken care of. Simply call the local police and tell them you have in your posession a court order to see your children and it is now your scheduled time to have them. They will meet you at your ex's home and escort them into your custody.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Have a copy of the agreement in hand and go to his house, demand to have your children, if he refuses call the cops...they will inforce your court order.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• All you have to do is call the police. The police will force the custodial parent to follow the order. If they hide the child further charges can be pressed.
    Anonymous

• if there is a court order then all you have to do is go to the county where the court order was filed and file papers for contempt of court-and if they find your husband in contempt then he will have to pay court cost
    AlabamaGrl

Answer by AlabamaGrl at 1:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• For all of the people saying call the police.. correction, yes the police can escort you to the parents house BUT can only advise the other parent to hand over the child. The police DO NOT have the authority to take the child and hand them over to you. You will have to go to court and file for contempt. Ask any lawyer, they will tell you the same thing. Take it from someone who has been there.
    Sparkle2000

Answer by Sparkle2000 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009