Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody question

My ex has custody of my child. He and his wife refuse to let me see her even though there is an order. I cant afford an attorney, what should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (7)
  • There is free legal aide. I'm not sure who to call to get it, but I'm sure you could find a number for something close in the phone book, or google.

    Answer by WadeMom313 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

  • if you have an order to you having the right to visitiation then just call the cops or the judge its not that hard but if you dont really have those papers there is nothing you can do with out you going to court

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

  • My DH went thru was easily taken care of. Simply call the local police and tell them you have in your posession a court order to see your children and it is now your scheduled time to have them. They will meet you at your ex's home and escort them into your custody.

    Answer by salexander at 11:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

  • Have a copy of the agreement in hand and go to his house, demand to have your children, if he refuses call the cops...they will inforce your court order.

    Answer by robinann5 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

  • All you have to do is call the police. The police will force the custodial parent to follow the order. If they hide the child further charges can be pressed.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

  • if there is a court order then all you have to do is go to the county where the court order was filed and file papers for contempt of court-and if they find your husband in contempt then he will have to pay court cost

    Answer by AlabamaGrl at 1:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

  • For all of the people saying call the police.. correction, yes the police can escort you to the parents house BUT can only advise the other parent to hand over the child. The police DO NOT have the authority to take the child and hand them over to you. You will have to go to court and file for contempt. Ask any lawyer, they will tell you the same thing. Take it from someone who has been there.

    Answer by Sparkle2000 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.