How many pants, shirts, shoes etc. do you buy for your children to go back to school??

My daughter is going to Kindergarten this year and I am at a loss on how much we should buy and of what...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 7 Pants,7 sweatshirts,pack of white t's,pack of socks, 1 pr of athletic shoes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• One new shirt for the first day and one pair of shoes. Everything else I replace as needed.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• 5 pairs of pants, 5-10 new shirts, package of new socks, new underwear, a pair of shoes, a new jacket
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I still have not started. I think I will buy them a couple of outfits for the first week. It's not like any of the other kindergartners have ever seen my daughter before to know if she is wearing older clothes. It's also still warm outside and we bought them a lot of brand new summer clothes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• So far we've bought 4 pairs of shoes and that's it (1 for our oldest, 1 for our son and 2 pair for the middle girl). We aren't buying any new clothes. We only buy clothes when they need them and they don't really need anything right now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• They get enough to last them through a school week without having to do laundry.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• One pair of everyday shoes, two shirts, and two pairs of pants. Everything else we replace as needed (like the previous poster). Plus, my kids seem to sprout in November...so I only get a very limited of things since they'll be outgrowing everything shortly.
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 7:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• 5 of each
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We bought ds 5 new pair of pants, a couple hoodies, a fall jacket, 2 or 3 polos, 6 or so other shirts, and 2 pairs of shoes. He's in Kindergarten.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 12:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't buy just for school. One new outfit but everything else is the same. I buy a lot on sale way before I need it. Sometimes a season or two before. Even shoes. So I always have the next size and just bring it out as needed. I shop high end consignment. End of season sales are awsome. I get cashmere sweaters and Ralph lauran shirts or whatever for dirt cheap. And if your child outgrows it before he wears it then resale it back on consignment. Socks, undies, and the sort I buy as needed.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010