what would you say if your bf of 4 years announced he wanted us to see other ppl?

we have been on the rocks for a few months and were supposed to be working on our relationship. and he has just been very distant so i kept asking him what the deal was and why he was consistently not being affectionate with me etc, everytime we have sex its just a quickie, no romance, no foreplay, no intimacy, just a hit and quit, and i can feel the distance between us. so i asked if he wanted to see other people or something and he asked if we could try it, and maybe we would both see where we wanted to be. we've been together since he was 19 and i guess he feels like hes getting old too fast rasising 2 kids and being home all the time. i dont know what to do other than give him his time, but i cant sit and wait on him, im definately trying to move on, i just dont know how i feel about it and we live together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• i'd say don't let the door hit your a** when you walk out the door. honey if he didn't want to marry you in that 4 yrs he will never marry so why be in that relationship. find someone that wants you enough to marry and give you everything that you ever wanted and don't make the same mistake of giving your many yrs away to a man. my hubby knew he wanted to marry me before i did. you should read "he's just not that into you" it changed my life and got married shortly after i read it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'd say," I guess this means you already are" and then I'd break it off with him completely.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Move on, you don't want to be with someone that wants to try out other relationships. To me that means he is probably already dating someone else, or has his eye on someone else. You are better off without him I'm afraid, sorry you are going through this.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If it were me, I would know it was over, and time for one of us to find a new place to live. . . right away.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 6:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• you said it ....

cant sit and wait on him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If he feels the need to be with other people then he made his mind up and giving each other time to spend with other people wont fix your problems, only make them worse. So if he feels he wants to see other people then I would tell him that its time to end it....
    sippincoffee

Answer by sippincoffee at 6:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• kick him out and get child support, you don't want to see how happy he is with other women, that will really burn
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• wow not sure waht to say
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You can't force someone to feel something they don't. And you deserve better then to have someone who is just going thru the motions. As hard is a break up is I think you need to tell him to pack up and be on his way.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010