Ok so I married my cousin ex husband.

Not really for sure were to start at so I'm just going to start talking.. My husband & his ex wife (my cousin) had been together on & off for 10 years.. They have 4 kids together.. I'm not going to lie there was a point in my life to were me & my cousin were close.. She was there for me when I lost my baby girl. Me & my husband never had anything going on while he was married to her.. There married ended because she would not stop cheating on him... She cheated on him the whole time they were married. And I know that is true b/c she would tell me about the guys she had been with & how great the sex had been. But I guess my question is I'm a bad person b/c I married my cousin ex husband.. He is a wonderful man, husband & father(I have 2 kids of my own)& he makes me very happy. I'm only asking b/c I have became the talk of the town b/c of this & its starting to drive me crazy.. Ppl are saying I'm a whore, & tht I'm trash. HELP

MindyR3

Asked by MindyR3 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I have to admit my first reaction would not be as bad as the things that you said but it would not be good either.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yikes, that is a tough situation to be in. ((hugs))
    Do all of you live in the same (small?) town?
    Maybe a fresh start in a new place would be good for you and your new family.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 6:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• From what you have said here, I don't think you are a whore or trash. Just ignore people, they have nothing better to do then to gossip about everything.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i dont know that it was a brilliant idea but love is love so what the hell right? my sister married our moms ex husbands son.....yes her EX step brother. its wierd but like i said love is love.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Don't let sh!t like that get to you, that town obviously has nothing better to do then to start drama amongst themselves. Ignore it all and if anything move to a better place if you can.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well, I don't think you're a bad person, but I thank you made a very questionable decision. I wouldn't go out with someone who had even dated a family member or close friend, let alone married them. You would have to expect people to talk. No matter what kind of person your cousin is, or whether she cheated on him, dating & marrying him crosses certain boundaries. I don't think I'd have let the situation occur.

Now that you have, if you really love him & are happy with him, you'll have to accept the talk & that there may be family situations that you'll be left out of because people won't invite the ex if it makes your cousin uncomfortable. The other thing to consider is how this affects the children. To have a relative marry your father could be very difficult. Being at family events could be hard for the kids & being nice to you could make them feel disloyal.

A lot of people are affected by our choices, not just us.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• People can be so small. From what you told us you did nothing wrong. I wish you both much happiness. Is a move to another area possible? it might bring you more peace. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Granted it wasnt the ideal situation but sometimes you cant stop love from happening and you know what, people will say what they say so I wouldnt lose sleep over it. They need to get a life and stop worrying about talking about you. If you guys are happy that is all that matters!
    sippincoffee

Answer by sippincoffee at 6:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• wow
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well, it's not like you broke them up. I know when I married my husband friends of his ex girlfriend treated me badly even though they hadn't been a couple for over four years. There's nothing wrong with marrying your cousins' ex. Talk will die down after awhile.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010