living arrangements

my SO and I both live with our parents. I live with my ex's mother and he lives with his mother. he has a problem with the fact I live here. my ex's mother became my foster mother when I was 17. and her son and I got married had a child and are now divorced. he no longer lives here. I just recently got a job. and I am gonna start saving to get out of here. but my ex's mother. is the only mother I have ever had. and she ne'er treated me any differently than her own children. He has known this info for almost 6 months now. and he just started to express how he feels. he hates the situation. which I understand. and I am doing my best to change it. should he continue to make me feel bad about it. it's not a situation I can change right away. I just got A job. should he if he loves me like he says. stick with me till I move. or am
I asking too much of him by having him deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• He may have some insecurities and some baggage you need to ask him...when the mood is right, was there anything in his past that has made him insecure? Ask him him to trust you and there should not be anything to worry about...in time he should get over it and if he doesn't then he will always cling to whatever his insecurities are.

My husband now had 2 cheating ex wives and it took a good yr. to get him to see that I'm not like that, I have morals. He was so bad that he would leave for the weekend and come home to find I had a 6 pack of beer in the fridge and he insisted it was another man. I had to calmly explain to him that I like to try different things and he will find different hings in the fridge.
    anyway my point is pick the time to talk calmly and with a caring voice and you can work this out. He will come to see that there is no harm in staying with the ex mil.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If he truly loves you then he will get over it. To you that is your mom and if you allow anyone to come between you and your mom (as long as y'all are in good terms) then they can hit the road and not look back.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You don't say how long you have been dating your SO, but I would think your relationship with 'he only mother I have ever had' would be more permanent/important than someone you are currently dating.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 6:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Look I feel that he needs to understand this as she took on a mother role to you and just because he has insecurities doesnt change the fact that this woman took on the role of your mother and he needs to get over it and accept it.
    sippincoffee

Answer by sippincoffee at 6:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• he should get over it
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If he can't accept the fact that you feel she is your mother (in your eyes), he's the one with the problem. He's probably resentful for the fact that it's you ex's mother. If he can't accept it, You need to decide what's right for you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010