Gaps Strangling swim suits?

WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Gap Inc. on Friday announced that a voluntary recall was issued on a baby swimsuit due to a potential strangulation hazard.

The Gap baby swimsuits, which have been sold in both blue and white and red and white, were determined to have halter straps that were manufactured too short, causing the plastic ring located at the neck of the swimsuit to press against the child's throat and obstruct the airway.
This strangulation hazard to children forced the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the San Francisco-based clothing company, to issue a voluntary recall.
Around 6,500 of such swimsuits were sold in the United States and about 480 in Canada. Customers have been advised that the swimsuits should no longer be used. They can be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I havnt purchase a swimsuit from Bgap..but good looking out.... this is very important informatiom to share..i will sure to pass it on...bcuz i know a few ppl that shops at Bgap...THANKS
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Thanks for sharing. I don't have a baby with one but I have friends on FB who may so I passed it on.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 6:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Wow!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2010