How can I work through my all day morning sickness?

Saturday I was 7 weeks and it hit me like a brick wall! I feel constantly nauseous and everything I try to eat makes me gag. I work full time and am on my feet and working with people all day long. I know it's only been a few days, but I feel like I can't make it another 6 weeks...or how ever long this lasts! I will take ANY suggestions!

Baxter3

Asked by Baxter3 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doc told me to nipple crackers throughout the day... even when u not feeling nauseous..this worked for me...MOST of the time...but there was those days that NOTHING worked!!

My sister said rice and gingerale help for her morning sickness...so really u got to find what works for u
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• LOL!!!!! tezmom it is nibbles not nipple. Crackers r good for upset tummy.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I know how you feel. Unfortunately, nothing worked for me. but I can give you suggestions of what friends did and said worked for them. They have preggo pops that you suck on and some swear they help. Another friend swore by the Sea Bands that you wear on your wrist. I had another say eating apple peels helped her.
    I really don't know how I made it, but I just did what I needed to do. The only thing I ate was saltines and drank Gatorade for a long time. Still felt nauseous , but I functioned a bit better.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Honestly, just get down what you can. With my first I was throwing up everything all the time. I lost 10 pounds in the beginning.
    This is my second and the same thing, I was throwing up water most of the time. Zofran was the ONLY thing that helped, and that was only sometimes. I practically lived off of Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks. I think that was the reason I only lost 6 this time.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• ginger pills, and sometimes you just have to muster up the strength to do it
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I was like that when I was 7weeks, morning sickness like crazy. I'm tired, nauseous, lost of appetite and uncomfortable no matter how I sit or stand. I keep eating crackers and vanilla ice cream makes me feel a little better. There's nothing really you can do, but to take it. I was nauseous till i'm 16 weeks, but everyone is different. After 12 weeks you will feel a bit better. don't worry as long you are not throwing up you'll be fine. I tried ginger and gingerale, but just not working for me
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would keep gingerale on hand and sip it throughout the day. Also, sandwich crackers or just saltines are good. I hear that if you eat a few saltines before you even think about getting out of bed in the morning, it will help your nausea. If your stomach gets empty, it will make your nausea that much worse, so try and keep a little something in your stomach. I hope it lets up for you soon.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Preggie Pops... available at Babies R Us.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I got sick right off the bat and I work in a pharmacy so I totally sympathize! Luckily for me, the ladies room is located next to the pharmacy so it made it a little bit easier. I did sip on a cup of ginger and lemon tea all day long and kept some crackers on hand to snack on. Weird thing though.... cream of chicken soup helped alot too. Go figure :)
    pcosmom2

Answer by pcosmom2 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2010