.99c

I am over a week late on my period, my breast is tender, and my stomach is acting up. I am not sure whether I might be pregnant or not because I usually get like that before my period. I asked my husband to buy me a pregnancy test and he bought it at the dollar store. I did the test and it was negative but my period still hasn't come and I still feel like crap. Has anyone done pregnancy test from the dollar store? If you have; do they work? Can those prego test be trusted? Should I go and buy a brand name pregnancy test?

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 6:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I took a cheap test when I was 8DPO and it was negative. THat same day I took a clear blue easy and it was positive. Dollar Store tests need more of the pregnancy hormone to detect a positive than the more expensive early detection tests do. I would either wait a few days and take a dollar store test or buy a more expensive one. I would recommend Clear Blue Easy. They are very easy to read.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 6:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I took the ones from the dollar store and they worked for me. I was pregnant both times. lol
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• They work the same as the name brand ones, the same as the ones at the doctor's office even. They're not as sensitive as the ones that say you can take them up to 5 days before your missed period, so you do have to wait until you miss your period, but they do work. (I used dollar store tests for both of mine.)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I took 5 tests with my last pregnancy from the dollar store. they all came back negative lol. I took them too soon. I took one from the dollar store when I was two weeks past when my period was due and it was positive
    Moonwhispers

Answer by Moonwhispers at 10:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I haven't done one but from what I hear they do work , good luck test again with a digital one.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010