How to get rid of canker sores

they are so painful..I have 4 in my month 2 on the top each side and 2 on the bottom each side..they hurt so so bad any suggestions on getting rid of them. I have had them before but not multiple all over my mouth

LuvingMy3Girls

Asked by LuvingMy3Girls at 6:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• gargle with peroxide, i don't get cankers but i chew my lips a lot and have to gargle so they don't hurt, if you gargle for two min and brush after your teeth will get really white too
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Listerine. (the mouth wash) and brush A LOT. You can take a pill called L-Lysine. My doctor had me get that for a few years, you just take it twice a day for a few days, it is sold with vitamins for like 5 dollars. Also don't eat citrusy foods or sugary.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Your stomach is totally upset - figure out what is going wonky in your diet and the sores should pass. Take acidopholous (sp?) pills from the health food store in the interim.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• There is no cure for canker sores, but they usually go away on their own in 7 to 10 days. For pain relief, you can try taking ibuprofen (two brand names: Advil, Motrin) or acetaminophen (one brand name: Tylenol). A number of over-the-counter medicines are available to relieve canker sore pain or to protect the sores from becoming irritated when you eat, drink or brush your teeth. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if one of these products might be right for you.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• L-lysine

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Listerine
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 11:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010