What would you do for this divorce?

I have been seperated from my ex for over a year and a 1/2 ... I bought my own house in order to leave him. Well we are just starting to go though the divorce part.. What would you do in this situation?
So we were married 3 years and have 3 kids- 2 are his and 1 from my other marriage.
So I was a sahm.. when I left I got nothing but a computer, washer & dryer & stuff I had previous to us meeting that I took. I also got my truck but it still has a payment of $207 a month. But he got the house in which I provided the downpayment for , his truck which I paid for and his boat which I paid for- though an inheritance.

All I want is for him to pay 1/2 of the truck payment but he refuses and thinks I dont deserve anything other then that I have and the child support I get.
Everyone i have spoken too thinks its unfair for me to get basically nothing..

What would you do? or ask for in the divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• get a lawyer
    why are you paying for his truck etc
    ???
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Seek the advice of counsel.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• alomony in the amount of 103.50 for your truck payment and he is saying no, it sounds like you have a case. but he could go after your stuff
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Divorces are ugly, especially when kids are involved. My advice, don't ask for more than what you deserve because you could end up with less.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 6:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The laws are different in every state.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• He cant get anything of mine! There is nothing to get that I didnt already have before we got together or after we were seperated.
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Your the one with kids I think you should ask for the house and the paid off car!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• get a lawere and get what u paid for bk its yrs
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'd get a really good attorney
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 7:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• To be honest, if it were to the point of divorce for me, I probably would want as little to do financially with that person as possible. It wouldn't even be worth the fight....I would get a job. I'm not saying that to be rude, i'm just saying that's what I would do.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010