Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What would you do for this divorce?

I have been seperated from my ex for over a year and a 1/2 ... I bought my own house in order to leave him. Well we are just starting to go though the divorce part.. What would you do in this situation?
So we were married 3 years and have 3 kids- 2 are his and 1 from my other marriage.
So I was a sahm.. when I left I got nothing but a computer, washer & dryer & stuff I had previous to us meeting that I took. I also got my truck but it still has a payment of $207 a month. But he got the house in which I provided the downpayment for , his truck which I paid for and his boat which I paid for- though an inheritance.

All I want is for him to pay 1/2 of the truck payment but he refuses and thinks I dont deserve anything other then that I have and the child support I get.
Everyone i have spoken too thinks its unfair for me to get basically nothing..

What would you do? or ask for in the divorce?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • get a lawyer
    why are you paying for his truck etc

    Answer by fiatpax at 6:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • Seek the advice of counsel.

    Answer by tasches at 6:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • alomony in the amount of 103.50 for your truck payment and he is saying no, it sounds like you have a case. but he could go after your stuff

    Answer by angevil53 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • Divorces are ugly, especially when kids are involved. My advice, don't ask for more than what you deserve because you could end up with less.

    Answer by gnovinger at 6:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • The laws are different in every state.


    Answer by Gailll at 6:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • He cant get anything of mine! There is nothing to get that I didnt already have before we got together or after we were seperated.

    Answer by MommySteph1011 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • Your the one with kids I think you should ask for the house and the paid off car!

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • get a lawere and get what u paid for bk its yrs

    Answer by regian19832002 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • I'd get a really good attorney

    Answer by onemellowmom at 7:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • To be honest, if it were to the point of divorce for me, I probably would want as little to do financially with that person as possible. It wouldn't even be worth the fight....I would get a job. I'm not saying that to be rude, i'm just saying that's what I would do.

    Answer by CABlonde at 10:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.