How does anyone cope with a long distance relationship? adult content

3 months apart. I miss him, he misses me-so he says. Insecurity on my part is setting in-I miss him in the bed WAY. He told me he misses me in that way too. I am going to be apart from him for two years. Men have this need and I know that are relationship was real good-strong-dating for 10 months, but I have a feeling that he may cheat on me. We talk on the phone alot-2 times a day. I don't want my mind to wander in to thinking this, I get knots in my stomach and feel queezy. He tells me that we will pick up where we left off when I get back. What would anyone else do if they were dealing with these feelings???? I miss him so much and it isn't the same on the phone as it is actually being there with him. I miss this so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• There has to be trust in that kind of relationship, but I can see why your mind is wondering.

Answer by older at 6:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It really depends on how much faith you have in your relationship. Has he given you any reason not to trust him? If you're both willing to put in the effort it takes to maintain a long distance relationship, then you should be good.

Try not to let the doubts settle in. I understand that that's easier said than done, but try to focus on the positive, and ONLY look at the facts. Don't play the what-if game, and if you find yourself wondering, think "Ok, do I have any facts to back up these thoughts, or is it only my imagination?"
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Absense makes the ♥ grow stronger--good luck!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have no idea But Good luck hun!
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 7:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't do the long distance thing because I think it's too limiting. 10 months is not a long time.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 7:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have been in a long distance relationship.   As far as coping goes, if he is worth the wait then you just do and all I had at the time was snail mail.  Phone calls were a rare treat since at the time overseas calls were very expensive.  However if you have trust issues then your relationship is already on rocky ground.

Btw I married my long distance lover 22 years ago.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• break up until you guys can get back together and see how you both feel when you can be together. trying to hold unto something is harder then letting it work out just cause it was meant to be. my hubby and i talk about how so many times we crossed each others paths but had i known him sooner i would of totally dismissed him as a potential lover. things have a way of working themselves out if you are meant to be together.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am doing threw the exact same thing. We've been together now 10 months and have been apart 3. It's hell. Cuz I miss him all the damn time, physically, emotionally mentally. It's draining. I think about him cheatnig and all i do is get sick. You just gotta find a way to deal with it. Find something to take ur mind off it. I just started working and getting ready for our baby in November.It's hard tyin to get everything together wit out him. We have 4 children total (2 his and 2 mine). idk when we're gonna be together again. it's a matter of money to get him up here where i live..and everytime we get enough money something comes up. But its good u talk alot..i dont even get that. We have alot fo things going on and when I can talk he cant and vise versa. Just hang in there hunny. good luck and if u wanna talk just message me
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• good luck
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I honestly don't have an answer for this one but good luck
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010