Is anyone mad that YOU can't use your mother job as a reference?

I'm applying for work and they are asking what my last job was?I haven't quit yet--being a mother!I've never worked harder and longer in my life and it just makes me sick, that being a mother isn't GOOD enough for a last employer?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 1:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• YEA REALLY GIRL!!! ITS A FULL TIME WITH EXTREME OVERTIME.....LOL

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree and when you tell them why you left your last job and say because you had a baby they look at you like you killed someone and were put in jail.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Actually, I have, and listed my husband as a reference. The employer was so impressed with my "candid answer" as she called it, that she offered me the position.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• but how is being a mom really relate to any job i mean im one but i would never get mad that i cant put oh ive been a mom for 5 years when im applying for a dr office i mean really thats just wow and i have told them that i wasnt working for a time period because of my son they were oh ok thats fine and i get the job.. not hat hard just dont complain really
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think they don't trust us,because we are at home and nobody was there to see us work like on any other job.They think we are sitting in front of the t.v.,because we are home and not working.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm mad because, I work my butt off and I've worked so hard all these years ,which has made me into a better employee.No job like motherhood makes you work insane hours and for no pay?It's a thankless,unappreciative job we do as mothers and our future employers pay us no respect either,unless they too are a mother,maybe they'll cut us slack.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Ooh, I like jespeach's answer! I'm TOTALLY going to use that idea!!
    It's amazing how people treat SAHMs, like our whole job is getting our nails done and organizing playdates over lemonade. My ass!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Let me join this: I applied to 10 jobs this week, and I just got an email from one saying...'So you havent worked since 2004?' WORKED!! If what I do doesnt give me candidacy for your job opening, then what the hell am I doing all this work all day long for. I wake up, get oldest ready for school while feeding all three kids, get him off to school, clean up breakfast, play, teach, cook lunch, clean that up again, play, then teach...you get the idea. Anytime I have worked outside the home in the past I would look around at all the people complaining about their job and just laugh. I would think, "they get paid to do this, man being at home is sooo much more work!!" Especially when money is tight and your'e the one who has to bugdet and make all meals and every penny count. I am a teacher, maid, chef, accountant, chauffer, psychologist, (especially with at least 10 tantrums to calm a day with 3 little ones), and much more....
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 4:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It's so unfair ,how us women are treated.If a man was a sahd,he would be respected,because he is a man!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 5:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2008