Have you ever had a job and you thought that it wasn't worth it?

What did you do? I am in this situation and I really want to quit. I have a back up job as a substitute teacher and I have been getting calls left and right about subbing. I know I could probably get about 3-4 days of subbing each week, no problem. The hours would be a lot better and even though I wouldn't make as much, I would be able to make up for it by not having to spend so much money on my lunch and having to eat out for dinner because of my crazy hours at my present job. My paycheck is pretty much our fun/run around money. The only problem I could see is not being able to work in the summer as a sub, but I could get a part-time or better job in the mean time. Should I go for it? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would go for the Substitute jobs and while you are working that, look for a better job! ;) Good Luck Hun!
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 7:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would go for the sub job, however, I've heard so many times, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Do you know how long the substituting will be? Or is it just going to be for a few weeks and then you would have to find another job?
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 7:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No money is subbing is not that great. However, it depends on your education and experience. I sub during the school year and  I love it.  I  pick the schools and the grades I would like to work which I can pick my hours. During the summer is the pits because this summer I didn't work.

bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 7:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I will be able to sub from now until the last week in May. I have actually subbed for 4 years but left last year to finish up some school work. There are a few times during the year that it gets really slow, but then it picks back up. So, one week, I might work 5 days but another week I might only get 2 days, but overall, it will average out to be 3-4 days a week.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If it is your fun/run money, make sure you are doing something you like!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Every JOB I ever had! Stopped working for others many years ago. Have started several buisnesses and love the freedom and income. My latest business is one I can work from home, so I don't even have to dress for the office! LOVE IT!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 7:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sounds like you should go for the sub job. I totally had a job that was not worth it. It was a newspaper delivery person. Waking up at 2 in the morning stressing out. Having to pick kids up half way through to continue the route and then being pregnant on top of it. It was totally not worth it. I quit rather quickly.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Don't forget you can only sub so many days a year for each school system. I worked like crazy last year subbing Aug-Nov then no calls until March.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010