At what age is approiate to leave your son alone in bath tub?

My son is two and a half... Our house is very small and sometimes when he wants to play longer in the tub. I go into the living room(which is about 10 feet from the tub).. I check every time I dont hear him playing which honestly is about 10 times per bath.. My man strongly feels I should stay in there with him but I like the free time to do a quick pick up and get his bed time stuff ready..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if it were me i would not leave him in there alone, he is still much too young!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I know it's boring but you need to stay in there. Drowning can happen so quickly. Let your man stay in there sometimes.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• He is way too young! Get the bedtime stuff ready before u put him in the tub! Just common sense!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No i wouldnt suggest u leave him alone...my son is 3 1/2 and we dnt leave him alone....most of the time i just clean up the bathroom if he wants more time in the tub
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 7:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Five. I wouldn't leave a baby in the bathtub until after age five. My youngest is 2.5 and he is just too little to be in there by himself.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Someone needs to be in there watching him at all times. How would you feel if your son drowns because you wanted a little extra free time?
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 7:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I agree, way too young, my boys were about 5, and even then I'd often stay in the room with a book or something.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• no way, thats not ok at all. Not bashing you but seriously, he is just way to young. When he can shower and bath himself like five years old or six is when you can leave him. I still check on my daughter that is seven when she is in the tub. But not like I would with a young child like yours.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i don't let my kids have that pleasure now that schools here. but i used to let her play for five minutes as her water went down.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• oh my goodness...my daughter was by herself at about 3...and 2.5 i left for a few seconds at a time..and at 3 i was checkin on her constantly...at about 3.5 i left her alone..she stays in the bath for 45 minutes to an hour..there was no way im gonna sit in there for that long..she looooooves baths..she knew the rules..and if she didnt follow them, she wasnt allowed to stay in there long..if she ever broke the rules..(rules included, no standing, no going on tummy, or back, no touching the taps, or turning them on, and no splashing) but yaa, i cant imagine still being in there when she was 5..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010