Do you buy a seat on an airplane for your one year old or do you just hold them?

It's only about a 3 hour flight with one stop.

khedy

Asked by khedy at 7:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We took a 1 1/2 hour flight with my son and I wished I would have gotten him a seat... he would have been more comfortable in his car seat... he was just to antsy in my lap the whole time, if it had been a longer flight he would have had a melt down I think.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I held my daughter.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 7:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I held my son, but I waited to sit & see if there were any seats left with one open on the flight. I got lucky & there was another mother, so we sat with an empty seat between us. =) alot of people got mad because it was a good seat but because there were four in that row & only four masks they couldn't sit there.

on the way back though, I didn't ahve a choice, I had to hold my child the whole time, with a couple sitting next to me, that was bigger then I was... =/ changing a diaper on your lap does have its down sides.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I held my son, but the plane wasnt full so no one sat next to me. And on my return flight the flight attendant let me board early and changed my seat so that no one was sitting next to me
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 7:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I held my daughter when she was 18 mos. She was just fine! Slept the whole way. 8hr flight! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Its free to hold your child age 2yrs and younger.....or you can pay for their own seat. depends on how long your flight is and how anxious they are and if you want them to have their own seat and fork out the money.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• When my son was 10 months old we held him. At 20 months we bought a seat. It was so much easier!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010