Any more websites on fifths disease? Why I ask

My son is 6 and has been running high fever for 3 days now going on 4, his joints hurt he is only 6 and what I read was usually that happens to adults. The doctor took blood to confirm what she believes to be fifths. so I am confused. How long does it last??? Fevers, Aches and pains...

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• When you ask for any more websites....I didn't see your previous post. Did you try the CDC. gov website? I use that for just about everything at work now, I'm a pediatric nurse. Good luck and hugs to you and ds. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My 3rd DD & DS both had 5ths and neither had fever or aches - just the rash. DD had it for about a week, DS for just a couple of days.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Fifths Disease usually only occurs in small children, it typically does not occur in adults. It's called Fifth's disease as it used to be one of the diseases that young children get.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010