do you think your vote really counts??

i pesonally don't vote because i think they have already decided who will win. and my vote doesn't matter for anything but all the props.

humboldtmama21

Asked by humboldtmama21 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, no, JULIANSMOMMY always types in all caps. She may not have been yelling... I'm not sure.
    Anyway, yes, CA has many electorates because it is a huge state, but more importantly, it is a blue state, so if you're a McCain voter, you're shit out of luck. And if you're an Obama girl, you're still probably not going to make much difference, but you should vote anyway because A)If everyone thought like me, no one would bother to vote and B) if Obama were to lose this election by electorate votes but win hands down in the popular vote, it may not change this election, but it might finally put an end to the electoral college.
    I'm not quite so cynical yet to be convinced that the entire election is rigged. I DO think they will try to eliminate eligible voters. That's sort of an old trick now for the GOP but hopefully our laws and regulations will be prepared for that one this time.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 5:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I DISAGREE..... I BELIEVE YOUR VOTE DOES COUNT AND WHEN YOU DON'T THATS A PROBLEM BECAUSE YOUR JUST LETTING WHATEVER HAPPEN. NOT THAT YOU CAN SINGLILY DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT....BUT IT DOES MATTER AND IT'S A VERY IMPORTANT STEP IN KEEPING DEMOC. WHAT IF EVERYONE JUST STOPPED VOTING....IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it depends. If the electoral college like your pick then it counts. if not you are out of luck. just like they gave bush the election against the popular vote. they will do it again. Also if the candidate you like has a brother for a governor of and he can rigged the election in his favor then it counts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Well only if they let you cast your vote, apparently they have thrown out hundreds and thousands of register's voters off the list to be able to vote, now? Now, they say, Whoops, it was a mistake. And it happened in some swing states! So, if you live in Colorado, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Nevada and North Carolina you better check to make sure you are registered. If you are a new vote then you better double check because they may turn you away on election day. I would bring your registration card with you. This smells of corruption and another supreme court decision!
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 2:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i live in california and i heard my vote goes in with like 11 others to make up one vote or something? is that true??

DON'T GET ALL MAD AT ME I'M ENTITLED TO MY OPINIONS THEY'RE OPINIONS NOT FACTS OK JULIANSMOMMY
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 2:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Everyone's vote counts! But mine is really just used to cancel out my husband's vote, so I don't know how much it matters...but think of it that way...for every vote you cast, you cancel out someone else who doesn't agree with you...it works for me!
    mjpX2

Answer by mjpX2 at 2:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm really appreciate that you're not willing to follow the crowd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• "Everyone's vote counts! But mine is really just used to cancel out my husband's vote, so I don't know how much it matters...but think of it that way...for every vote you cast, you cancel out someone else who doesn't agree with you...it works for me!"----mjpX2

So which side is your husband voting for?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Of course I believe my vote matters even in Montana where we only have 2 electoral votes, I will never give up my right to vote because I think it doesn't matter. Montana is typically a republican state but a lot of the elderly people in this state are drinking Obama's koolaid so they may vote for him, I see a lot of his signs around. I am just hoping and praying they all aren't buying his load. But back on the subject "VOTE IT MATTERS".
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2008