Anyone suffer from depression and take zoloft?

If so, does it help you? Do you have any side effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• I hated the way it made me feel. Always had a dry mouth, couldn't get enough water, and one of the side effects is can cause diabetes, which we have in our family, so I decided to try another route.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i am on it...i take 100 but it stops working on me after a couple of months or so...so i am either gonna change or up the dose
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I had it years ago.. We ran out of insurance and I couldn't get it! I couldn't afford a Dr. anymore either. Look it up there are side effects.Dry mouth, lack of sexual desire to add a couple. I wish you the Best. But you can go from all different doses. Good Luck in your wellness!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You don't need Zoloft. You need someone to talk to and someone to help you at home.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 7:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm on it now. My OB prescribed it after my son was born in July. I've felt pretty good while on it and haven't noticed any side effects. It's only been a month, though. I did notice this last week I've been more tired and feeling off and realized I hadn't taken my pill in 4 days and only had 1 left (which I took last night). We were in the process of moving so things have been crazy around here.
    I've been on other anti-depressants and most of them made me feel wonky or suicidal.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am on it and I can say that it helps. The only side effect I have is that it makes me tired. I take 100 mg daily. I will tell you from personal experience though that medicine alone doesn't take care of depression. It is the combination of medication and counseling that really helps Depression. Counseling teaches you coping techniques that really help too.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I take it, and love it. Wish I hadn't waited so long to start taking it.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 11:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010