what would you do and feel..what should i do

me and my husband broke up for two months...and in that two months i had a bf named tony..well he introduced me to a song love song by 311...and now i am in love with that song not because of him or anything like that but i just love that song....well me and my husband are back together and he forbids me to lissen to that song...or have anything to do with it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• That's pretty petty. He's afraid that you love it because of your ex. That you'll suddenly want him back or hold fond memories for him. Just let him know that you genuinely are interested in the song and that's the reason you listen to it. If he can't accept that then he needs to work on his trust issues.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Just don't bring it up, or listen to it around him. It probably brings back bad memories.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 7:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• whats more important the song or your husband? Respect how he feels about it, I would probably feel the same way he does, just dont listen to it.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• He associates it with your relationship with the other guy. If you want to listen to it do it when he's not home. You can't allow him to dictate what you can and can't listen to. But I wouldn't flaunt it in front of him.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 8:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It's just a song. Don't listen to it and learn to love another song instead.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think a song isn't worth hurting your husband over. It's just a song, and if it bothers him, or makes him think of the other guy you were with....I'd let it go......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I say respect how he feels. it obviously brings up a hurtful time and past for you and I think its more important to save ur relationship instead of fight over a damn song. It's just things u dont want to think about. My fiance loves this song but it was a song between him and his ex wife and I cant listen to it anymore..He doesnt love it cuz of her he just liked it. Shes the one who dedicated it. But when I hear it..I cringe and think about it..unintentionally.

So just let it go.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• seriously you even have to ask. do you not have a heart?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010