what food cravings and aversions did/do you have?

i suddenly cant stand milk and cant get enough cottage chease!

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 8:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I was preggo I was obsessed with peanut butter and just ate it out of the jar. And the smell of anything from McDonald's would make me nauseous.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 8:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I CRAVED milk while pregnant. I always "liked" it, but didn't need it the way I did then.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• when i was preggo it was pickled beets out of the jar every night with dinner. Car fresheners, aerosol fresheners made me sick as a dog.
    maryg38

Answer by maryg38 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I craved milk. I drank six gallons a week. I couldn't stand anything peppery. Monteray Jack Cheese, red, green, yellow peppers
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• In my first trimester I couldn't eat meat. It was so strange. It didn't make me sick or anything... it just didn't seem like food. It was like there may as well have been a tennis shoe on my plate. So weird. Then I hit 12 weeks and I could suddenly eat meat again.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i hated (i mean HATED) chicken, and tomatoes, it was wierd.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My 5th pregnancy is one I will never forget.

I was the only woman I'd ever met that couldn't have Peanut Butter (allergic to it during pregnancy), WAter (it made me look like the Goodyear blimp in 30 seconds) , any type of Meat, Pasta, or Milk (other than Chocolate). With all of those issues, I some how gained 55lbs in the last 3 months of pregnancy (thank god For Salads)

This time around I can't have Cashews, Water, or Ice Cream.

Craving- Almost anything but the above list.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Red grapes, cucumbers w/ ranch, cream cheese stuffed pretzels and I think I ate a Big Mac today in about 3 seconds!!!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 9:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• In my first pregnancy, I had a lot of cravings. I really craved taco salad a LOT, but my one aversion was tomatoes in the first semester, and I couldn't get enough of them in the second semester. In my second pregnancy I had a lot more aversions than cravings. I didn't want milk, couldn't smell chicken as it was cooking, and would look at something I thought I really wanted and think, "oh, gross. I don't want to eat that!"
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My first, I couldn't eat pork of any kind, and I loved everything sweet. My second, sweets would nauseate me, and I wanted sour things (like straight lemon sour). Kind-of backwards, since my first was a boy and my second was a girl, but there you have it. And I couldn't get enough orange juice with either of them, especially when I was grocery shopping; I'd have to buy a carton of OJ when I first got to the store to drink while I was shopping, and it would be gone by the time I was done.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010