Is it normal that a baby at a month old breaths a bit heavy sometimes while sleeping. Meaning, they will start to take fast hard breaths while sleeping. But its not constant.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No!!! Not normal call your doctor!!! Your baby could have a problem. Call the pediatrician today!! please!!! Message me and let me know o.k?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It seems like he only does it when he looks like he is dreaming. Its not constant, but sometimes it will be fast, but his eyes will move at the same time, almost like he is dreaming.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That is NORMAL. All three of my kids did that.

If he is turning blue or gasping for breath, call the 911. But what you are describing is normal.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• lol...yes I would def call 911 if he was blue. ;) But my kids are so much older so I dont remember. This is my grandson that I am talking about. I was watching him the other day and I noticed he did that. I said something to his mom, and she said dont worry he does it all the time, and the doc said its fine. IDK...maybe I am just paranoid, because I dont remember them doing that.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That's so normal!! I have four kids and they all did that. It's just little baby noises.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• All 3 of my kids did that. I freaked out the first time my oldest did that and I called the Dr. He told me it was normal and what to watch for, but she was fine.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• thanks, so atleast I am not going crazy lol.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• VERY normal. both mine did. i talked to doc about it when it happened to my first one. relax mamma!!! congrats!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It's normal! Mine son is doing that right now. I remember my others doing it too (this is #5) and they were all fine. :o) It freaks my husband out though.
    Congrats!
    prdill08

Answer by prdill08 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yea i think its normal mines 11mths old so it made me remember lol
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010