Potty Training Suggestions? Schedules??

Well, I think my 15mth old daughter is more than ready to be potty trained. I have sat her on her potty as soon as she wakes up, after nap, and before she gets in the tub for bathtime. None of the time she pees, its directly after she pees or poops.

For instance, the reason I think she is ready is.....
1. she can take her diaper off with her shorts on...and i have put panties over the diaper and she can still take it off. (Amazing, but I wish she wouldnt do it)
2. she has pooped in the tub 2 times now unexpectedly.

Maybe if I could hear some ideas on anyone elses potty schedules or suggestions that may help me. She is a very active little girl.

Allie120

Asked by Allie120 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take her to the potty every 20 mins, and when she does something int he potty give her lots and lots of praise!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you start too young the toddler can hold poop in and get constipations and impactions.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• @Gailll...Im not worried about that.
    Allie120

Comment by Allie120 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• thanks mommylisar
    Allie120

Comment by Allie120 (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• no problem allie120, i was potty training my dd she is 21 months old she was fully daytime potty trained until the other day when she got really sick and had a fever of 100.3 and could not keep any food down...gonna try and get her back on the potty again tomorrow! Good luck with potty training.
    I started potty training her at 18 months!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• sorry, but i disagree. i don't think it's a good idea to take them every 20 minutes all day. if i were you, i'd read some books on EC-ing and learn to listen to your daughter's signs that she has to go, and leave her naked at home as much as possible. i think the goal is to teach your child to recognize her body's urges, rather than just always be going to the bathroom to make sure she doesn't have an accident.. good luck!!
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 10:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I heard youre not supposed to let your kids run around naked when youre potty training because they will get used to not having anything on and when they do have clothes on they will have accidents. I put my kids' potty in the living room so when they do have to go they dont have to wait for me to get to them. And when they learn how to open the door to the bathroom they go in there and go. That way they know when they have to go and they don't have to wait for me.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010