I need some easy supper recipes. I am so tired of cooking and nothing seems to interest me enough to want to make it.

I wish I had one of those husbands that cooked!
I'm in a rut, and tired of everything.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Try a can of chicken, a can of rotel tomatoes and a can of ranch style beans. Add all ingredients undrained in saucepan heat and eat with chips and cheese. This is quick and tasty
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Today I made spaghetti sauce and chili from scratch. I froze most of the stuff, so my son has quick meals when he gets home- he's in college, plays on a varsity collegiate team, works as tutor on campus and is involved with music/lessons. I also made and canned fresh peaches and nectarines. Little does he know that I steamed and pureed fresh green veggies and  put the yield in all the sauces and meals.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It is good. You can use ground beef instead of canned chicken but I don't care for it as well.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I hear ya about the cooking thing. 1 night it's cereal night for him which is fine with him. Others I just wing it with left overs and what knots. So long if it's beef and something he doesn't care. He could eat chili every night so I make a big pot for him.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• This one is a no brainer and very good .

Good for slump nights. days. Get refried beans, just warm / microwave, add onion bits (dried/into chips/ canned) put these on a soft taco wrap and add your favorite pre-made salad (from pkg.)

can refried beans
    sm. can of dried onions
    soft taco wrap
    pkg. salad Just top with or spoon on salsa/, or ranch,/ or arby's fire sauce/
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Pasta with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicy)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot
    Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like Pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss ge

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• This one keeps him happy as well.Smile  Ultimate Comfort Food - Fried Potatoes With Eggs  Real easy/simple and cheap.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• that sounds good
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i was also thinking canned turkey?
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sisteract---When do you have the time??? I'm exhausted by the time I get home and to make that much from scratch? wow you go girl! Do you want to sell any??? ;)
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010