Is it possible that people turn gay after they were raped by the same sex?

My older brother was raped as a child from a stranger/neighbor and he is gay but I never noticed any signs that he was gay until after the incident. My dad actually believes he turned gay?! Im lost..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've heard it's possible. I do believe that it would scare the hell out of me of that sex. It's related to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. similar to people in bad car wrecks not wanting to get in a car.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes I believe it is a homosexual spirit. Some people don't believe in this type of stuff but I most certainly do. I think it can definintly happen and that man obviously had a spirit of homosexuality that transfered to your brother when he was being raped by him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• um, still gonna go with the PTSD over the spirit idea myself but what ever works for you to explain it, anon #2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I thought your question was the most ridiculous thing I'd heard, until I read the anonymous answer above. A homosexual spirit? Seriously?

No, people do not turn homosexual from being raped. You didn't see signs of it because he was a CHILD, and wasn't sexually oriented at that point. People don't *turn* gay.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I knew a guy that DECIDED to be gay..Your "theory" is wrong genious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• IM GAY!! Your born gay. There is no "gay spirit" because i knew long before I ever had sex. If you DECIDE to be gay, your not gay and you won't be gay for long. Anon. 12:57, if you are going to be rude, don't hide behind the anonymous button.

I totally agree with jespeach's answer.
    MaddisonsMomma

Answer by MaddisonsMomma at 3:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would think that if a guy was raped by another guy it would do opposite then turn him gay. unless he was already gay. i don't know your brother so IDK.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i don't think you are born gay or turn gay. i think you fall victim to the devil and he makes you do things that are against GOD and makes you feel it's ok. sorry your brother got raped. that is very sad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• What does your brother think? Does he at all feel the two are related? You ask if it's possible and I'd have to give it a big no. Studies have shown that men and women's brains fire differently, and in majority of all cases, a gay man's brain fires like a straight woman's, and a gay woman's fires like a straight man's, which really shows that it's part of how the person naturally is. But that's just my opinion. I also have to add that being raped at a young age did nothing to sway my sexual orientation at all in either direction, and I have known several people where it didn't change theirs either.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I going with ditto on BabyGsMaMa13's answer, except without "i don't know your brother so IDK." because this theory makes no sense. You can be afraid of gay people all you want but don't try to rationalize it.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2008