Failed my 3 hour glucose after 1 hour it was 199 at my 2 hour it was 206 she didnt tell me my 3rd hour result so i am assuming it went down ..have a nutrisonest appointment tomorrow any suggestions or advice on what my number look like and how to keep them down this is my first pregnancy and dont know much about GD

At 17 weeks i had a one hour due to my dad having diabetes and failed and did a three hour and failed..but they were just going to do another test at 26 weeks and now I am 26 weeks and failed my 1hour again and this one hour one was 186,so then i did a 3 hour glucose,after 1 hour it was 199 at my 2 hour it was 206 (it jumped?) she didn't tell me my 3rd hour result so i am assuming it went down how high are my numbers?? what do they mean?I..have a nutritionist appointment tomorrow any suggestions or advice on what my number look like and how to keep them down? This is my first pregnancy and don't know much about GD.

camiyasmommy

Asked by camiyasmommy at 8:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• normal BS is 70-100mg. Watch your carb intake and your extra sugars.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Carbohydrates need to be counted. The nutritionist should give you a good number to stay under each day. You will also likely have to monitor your BS each day. Refined sugars and flours are carb nightmares. Eat whole grains. Most veggies aren't a problem..except corn. It is very hight carb..very little nutrition. Fruits are tricky because they can contain lots of natural sugars. Berrys...like raspberries and blackberries are great choices because they have lots of fiber too. Watermelon is a huge issue for me. Even a few small chunks shoot my BS way over 200, so I avoid it. It isn't as hard as it sounds.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010