What kind of stories do you read for Bedtime, If you read bedtime stories?

We do a strong mix of both. Chapter books classics Like Black Beauty. (We're ready four chapters a night to him.) & then to give him a break from long stories, once the books done we'll ready Starter readers to him , like two or three a night..

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 8:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I bought a number of Children's Myth books - Greek & Roman Myths, Celtic Myths, Christian Myths, and I have a Norse Myth book on the way. I like to read those best. Once they get a little older I'll switch to things like Beowulf and the Odyssey... And other classics... But while they are young, we'll stick to the childrens stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I let the kids pick what I read each night. Sometimes my older daughter picks a chapter book and then we read that until we finish
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My son is only 2 so we read a lot of "Good Night Moon" and "Baby Bear" things like that. He's got his favorites but I try to mix in a few new ones as well. I'll do one favorite, and one new one or less frequently read one at the very least. We read in the afternoons when I get out of work, after dinner, and after bath which is right before bed. So I don't really feel too much pressure to read five books at bed time. One or two quick ones and then lights out - he's usually ready to crash out by then anyway and doesn't really have the patience for more than that.

My husband also reads his novels out loud and the news paper out loud during the day (he's been home during the summer because he's a teacher).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• she likes interactive books..

like where's waldo, there's a peek a boo book with fuzzy animals (you can actually touch the animals and they ahve fur inserts)..

or monster at the end of this book (seasame street).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• =) Ive been thinking about the myths, & such. Or the big book of disney classics
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• me.. I like a mix of books.. I just got done reading "the winter king".. forget the authors name, but it's a book about king author, but in a more realistic version (not like the disney fairy tale)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My son is only 3 so like beckcorc, we read a lot of Good Night Moon type books although he's started transitioning into longer kids books like Dr. Seuss, Little Critter, Berstein Bears, etc. A lot of the books on his shelf were mine when I was a kid. It'll be a couple years before I think he'll sit still long enough to read a chapter book at bedtime, although when he was a baby, I would read Harry Potter, the Chronicles of Narnia, among others to him while DH was giving him his final bottle. I think I was doing it more for DH than him, but who cares. LOL I really need to start reading to my baby at night.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My daughter has alot of books and we read every night and off and on throughout the day... i have to say my favorite is good night moon and hers is her princess book that has several princess stories in it.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My children really enjoyed Curious George  books.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Gingerbread man
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010