Moms who take planes with their toddlers a lot-I need fast answers!

Ok, I'm going from NY to Calif. in a few weeks. Can you tell me what the best time to fly is?

Here are my options:

Leave NY at 7:31pm (Eastern time), get to Calif. Midnight (Pacific time)

Leave NY at 2:35pm (Eastern time), get to Calif at 8pm (Pacific time)

Leave NY at 10:05am (Eastern time), get to Calif at 5:40pm (Pacific time)

My daughter is two and usually naps from noon-1:30pm. She usually goes to bed by 7pm.

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• If it were me I think I would choose the 7:31 PM. You can keep her up until you get on the plane and then more than likely she will fall asleep while you are flying. I say this not knowing your child, so if she is one that has a hard time sleeping in new places you might not want this flight. Also you have to think how easy is she to transfer and get back to sleep.

I guess my second choice would be the 10:05 am one because you can more then likely keep her busy for the first part and then she will nap. She may even sleep a little longer.

Sorry I guess I am not much help, I think you have to look at how she is a child. How easy is she to entertain or keep busy.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you think she would sleep, do the first one. If you think she may have trouble falling asleep, I would choose option #2.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Will your daughter sleep on the plane? Mine cannot go to sleep with any activity going on.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• choose whats best for you & your daughter. Bring lots of things to keep her busy. If you have a portable dvd player or laptop take it, incase she doesn't go back to sleep, that way she can watch her favorite movie. take headphones too, because some people can be real jerks about "noise" from a child on a plane.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I travel daytime with my kids because they won't sleep good when they get to my mom's in CA. I have three kids 18 mos to 4 close together and I've done it every way. I'd go at 10 am
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would say the latest one so he/she will sleep most of the flight. It's going to be a long flight and toddles get really impatient. The longest I've been on the plane with my daughter is 2 hours and most of the time she starts getting pissy the last 20 minutes. I have never traveled near here bedtime.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i always do the earliest flight! But thats just me, and I take a 7, 3, 4, and 1 year old!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010