12 yrs and he wants out of our relationship...sorry need to vent

I just came back from the gym, and am feeling energized. But I sitting here thinking i have busted my ass going to school trying to balance work, family life. I realize that I may have neglected him but honestly there were so many resentments I harbored but hoped that it would eventually workout. What a fool I was we never truly discussed things the way he should because he never made the time. Now because he pays the bills he feels says that he just cant leave he needs time to find a place. He says I need help for my anger issues and i want to see if the therapist feels its a good idea separate. I just want out and I feel helpless if I had somewhere to go I would leave. It angers me to see him here before it felt to painful now I'm just plain angry and had to go out to the gym and release all this pent up anger the good thing the tears are not there. God help me please!!!Will not be seeing the therapist till Aug 31. :

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 8:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• "I realize that I may have neglected him but honestly there were so many resentments I harbored ." thats a big issue.. Im sorry that your going through this. Maybe separating is a good idea. It doesn't always mean a divorce is following. It just means that you guys have some stuff to figure out. each on your own & together. 12yrs is a long time. But that doesnt mean anything if you aren't happy & he isn't happy.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• hope it all works out for you.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ok, I'm trying to understand whats going on. I'm a child therapist and have help a few of my friends with some marriage issues. Slow down and explain to me whats happening from the begaining cause you are upset and I'm not understanding you.
    mochalatta20

Answer by mochalatta20 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Seem like you two really need to sit down and talk this out maturely without insulting one another. Twelve years is a lot to throw away, but it appear that you're fed up already.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I do think you both have some issues. It sounds like he is giving up. Since he claims that either of you never had the time to talk about things, he's saying that he doesn't really want to talk about it. I'd tell him to either talk now or go ahead and get out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• good luck hun
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Let him go. If you are angry now, then you are on the road to recovery. First there's sadness, then anger, then nothing. Good luck.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2010