Who's in Agreement with School Uniforms???

Why or why not and how has that helped you child???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 8:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in

• I wish we had them. As a teacher, I wouldn't even mind wearing them. No more issues what to wear every day. You just wear the uniform. You know when you have to do laundry... and more uniforms have *some* choice. They can still be individuals... and they can express it with their clothes (just not at school).
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 9:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We don't have them, but I wish we did. It would be so nice to not have to worry about what is or isn't 'cool' to wear.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It resolves a lot of problems with inappropriate dress and kids whose families can't afford it don't need to worry about the status quo.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• For it. My dd's school has them. I like them because there is no worry about children wearing immodest & inappropriate clothes and no worrying about what's in style or cool.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't have a problem with them at all. Wearing a uniform doesn't mean a child isn't able to express themselves outside of school. School shouldn't be about who has the coolest or latest and greatest, but many times that's what it is. They're there to learn. Many adults have to wear uniforms for work. I don't see this as any different.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am all for it. Easier to shop for school clothes, no arguments in the morning...They have plenty of time to express themselves after school on weekends and during the summer. They have more time to express themselves through dress than a ton of working adults do. Plus they can still have decorative backpacks, purses, hair styles, accessories...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• im not. i think its ridiculous and that children should be able to express there individuality and creativity.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• nope.having worn one my whole life, and hating it every day...im against it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• my son jus started school for the first time...and at first i was against it...but after talking to the other moms and the pros of wearing uniforms...i must say i like having the uniforms
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I wore uniforms my whole life in school since I went to Catholic schools. It never bothered me and I liked that I always knew what I was going to wear and didn't have to feel like an outcast because my parents couldn't afford designer or name brand clothes. I hated days we came out of uniform (in junior high we had these ball room dance classes every other week and I HATED it because I had no dress clothes and got made fun of every time).
    My kids went to Catholic school the last 3 years and wore uniforms. It was nice. no fights in the morning about what to wear. No kids complaining because they don't have the "right" clothes and will be made fun of. This year they go to public school. Hoping they will do okay.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2010