potty training....help pleaseeeeee

Hello...my boy is just 2 years old..and i started to introduce him the potty training idea....the first week was terrible,he pee on his underwear all the time, but the second was much better......the thing is after a week asking for pee..one day he started again pee on his underwear....it looks like if he never had the idea....i tried with rewards and stickers but nothing works......i feel frustated...please any advice ? thank you!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he's not ready yet. Wait a couple of months and try again. It's also normal for children to regress during potty training and have accidents. When he can tell you that he is peeing or just went pee, you know he's ready for potty training.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I waited until all my kids turned 3. The entire process took 3 days until they were completely trained. What's the rush? Wait until he's ready.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• not trying to sound rude but boys do develop a bit slower than girls. all children have a back slide in potty training due to several different reasons. i think if you stay consistent and let your child understand that the people that he admires the most goes potty that will be a big influence as well. also i was told that if my child has an accident that its my fault for not reading the signs or body language to help my child learn when they need to go. i just thought that knowing you had to go came natural. go figure. anyways i am sure your doing the best you can as a parent keep trying no matter what anyone says cause he'll have to learn sooner or later. quiting is for lazy people but taking a breaks for everybody.
    chedda

Answer by chedda at 9:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It would be so simple if you just ask him from times in the day, say every 2 hours, then someday he'll just pee/ etc from being aware.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• keep him completely naked all day and don't push him. he needs to learn how to be more aware of his body functions. he's basically learned over the last 2 years (his whole life) that he can pee and poo whenever he wants to. leave him naked and stay home for at least three days. read as many books you can find, and listen to your child! follow your instincts. my daughter also loves the book a potty for me by karen katz. good luck.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 10:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• This is also a brain thing.

Thier brain and body also have to work together.....
    I stopped trying, boys are really ready at 3.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• He might not be ready yet. I started putting the potty chair in the living room where my kids could get to it when they had to go so they didn't have to wait for me to get to them and they caught on pretty fast. But he might not be ready yet.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010