Gender Select

So, hubby and I want to start TTC in December or January.. Adalee is his 3rd girl, and he is the last male in his family. Needless to say, he wants a boy. A friend was telling me about this thing called a "boy kit." they make them for both boys and girls tho. oh, and did i mention they are 96% effective??!! With a money back guarantee... so its pretty much win/win.. u get a baby either way. haha.. br />

MY QUESTION IS, would you do it?? I know its not like I'm separating sperm to choose the sex, but it scares me that maybe I'd be messing with something that should be left to God to decide.. I mean, maybe hubby isn't ment to have boys?? or what about the little girl that would have been concieved had i not tampered with things?? IDK, am I digging too deep into this? anyway, here is the website, let me know what you think!

https://www.genselect.com/goodnews

Laurakb2420

Asked by Laurakb2420 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• from what I've read, you don't need a kit.

the sperm that make females swim slower but live longer so you would have sex right at ovulation, wait until the end of your fertile time to try for a boy since they swim faster but die sooner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Personally, if it truly worked like they claim then it would be huge news... don't you think?

It can't hurt though can it?
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• we've thought about it because they're not that many girls in my hubbys family, and we already have two boys. but we decided that we'd try for one more, and if we get another boy, then thats ok too. we'll look into adoption.
    I understand where your comming from about wondering if your messing with nature and what is ment to be. I would say to do what you are most comfortable with, and see if you'd be able to live with the wonder?
    Good luck eithor way!!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 2:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't know! I was all for it at first until I started reading your "what ifs" I am a huge "what if" person too. LoL You can read online about certain months and the age you are to try for a boy.
    DrusMom

Answer by DrusMom at 8:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think gender should be left up to the universe. Science is interviening in so much stuff. I think the universe gives you the exact child you were supposed to have. Enjoy TTC without pressures of gender, you will love what ever the universe provides for you wether it be a girl, a boy or twins:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• There is a group on here that can help you do the same thing. I was reading on that site on how it tells you when to do it and gives you certain ways to eat and all that. I would say join this group and it gives you all the same guidelines. http://www.cafemom.com/group/3098
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2008