What is causing my chest & left arm pain?

I went to the doctor and they said it was heartburn...but this is more like a pain than a burn...and does your arm hurt when you have heartburn..??

CarolinaMom2006

Asked by CarolinaMom2006 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Now I'm unsure! If you feel this is something else. Insist to be seen again. Better safe then sorry. Best of luck in everything!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well I went to the ER the other night because of it...they did an EKG and things looked great....so im not concerned about my heart...I wonder if gas buildup causes chest & arm pain...??
    CarolinaMom2006

Comment by CarolinaMom2006 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• arm pain with reflux? I never heard of that~ but reflux at night can leave a darn painful burn for a few days. When you are prego the hormones make you extra "stretchy"....could you have pulled your arm with an injury? this is a good time to get braces by the way...you teeth will move fast when prego!

did call again to have it in the records and to keep your team aware~and if it doesn't resolve~take charge a seek another opinion~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No, but I would definitely go back if it isn't getting any better. Any shortness of breath, sweating, feeling icky? Otherwise I had something similar and it ended up being a pinched nerve in my neck. Either way, there is something going on that isn't making you feel good. You need to have them rethink their diagnosis. Go back and make them help you.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well I have an appt with my OB on wednesday & I am gonna mention it to him...and if he isn't sure...then I am gonna make another appt with my family doctor...
    CarolinaMom2006

Comment by CarolinaMom2006 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The first thought was your heart but if you had an EKG and it looked okay then I guess that is probably not it.
    Heartburn can cause the chest pain and honestly I've had it go to my arm as well.
    If it doesn't get better then I would definately seek another opinion.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• how far are u could b preeclempsia...
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2010