Campaigning shirts at a Breast cancer walk appropriate? Yes or no?

I'm looking for your opinions. Thank you for reading and replying. At the Susan G. Komen Breast cancer walk. We saw people campaigning and wearing shirts campaigning for who's running for office. Where Everyone there is wearing Breast cancer shirts, teams and in memory of.. But this person who's running for office. Was a breast surgeon. Was my Breast Surgeon. But did one of my surgeries earlier. While I was doing Chemo to shrink the tumor. My surgeon decides to close the practice. So wouldn't do my surgery or finish what was started. I had to amongst all of my Breast cancer find a new surgeon! I said I'd quit Chemo immediately and let my surgery be done. No. Even the employees only got a one day notice! So the campaigning at a breast cancer walk! What do you think? Right or wrong! When you're not a breast surgeon anymore. And was so talented! What are your thoughts? Thank you for answering this.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 8:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• in bad taste IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sounds like it was inappropriate, especially considering the way he closed his practice. He wouldn't get my vote!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I agree with butterflyblue, its in bad taste
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 8:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• NO your not campaigning for who's in office you're campaigning for breast cancer. The focus needs to be on raising money for breast cancer not who's wants who in office next.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Inappropriate to campaign (which they were doing by wearing those shirts) during the serious theme of the walk.

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That's pretty tacky, even for a politician.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The focus should have been on breast cancer, not people's political aspirations. It was wrong of them to do that.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Completely inappropriate. End of story.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Tacky, inappropriate and demeaning to those who have/had breast cancer or loved ones with breast cancer.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sorry I forgot to add it's disrespectful to those with breast cancer
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010