stripping 4 yr old

my son will be 4 soon and starts school next week how do i get him to stop taking his clothes off, he useally does it after going potty, (fully potty trained) he thinks its funny and its a struggle to get him to put his undies back on, this all started within the last 2 weeks b4 this he was fine, he also wants his lil brother to play with his wee wee, i put a stop to that quick, but still upsetting oh yea he started it after coming back from grandmas he isnt going there again!!!

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 9:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Boy thing..... keep on him. put him in time out, ect ect ect. The whole touch my peepee is also a child thing, but i would talk to him & find how whats going on at Grandparents house.....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• well i think its a little boy thing .while in the army i was staying with a friend while i was pregnant the lady had a 2 year old son that was in pullups being potty trained and he would use the potty and then run through the house stock naked refusing to put back on underwear ,he would also caress himself and encourage his 7 month old brother to do the same. we would laugh but that it to be very serious, explaining to him that he really should put his underwear on. how are you with discipline do you spank or are you a time outter or do you just allow him to have free will. i am a spanker but it wasn't my kid so.but the mom like me was a spanker. not saying your kid is bad or anything but if your having a hard time now what about when he gets older. or is it the grandmas fault. you shouldnt not allow him to go back but you should keep and eye on the situation and make it very clear what you are observing.
    chedda

Answer by chedda at 9:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I really think it is a boy thing and you just need to talk to him. I have to boys and at this age it was something they did as well. In my opinion he is just experimenting. It is a body part that he is just starting to learn more about and it is interesting to him. I do not think I would spank him over that, although I am not a spanker. I think if you talk to him and tell him why he can't run around naked and why it is not appropriate to touch himself in front of people or to have other people touch him he may understand.
    I guess I never thought to much about my boys exploring their bodies as long as they understand that there is a time and place for it.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• School at age 4? Sounds like he isn't ready. Some boys aren't ready until they are 6 or even older.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• it is required by Iowa state law for them to go as i understand it he started school at 3 (Headstart)
    navywifemomkoch

Comment by navywifemomkoch (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i am a spanker
    navywifemomkoch

Comment by navywifemomkoch (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• idk because i have all girls so..
    mommyofelise

Answer by mommyofelise at 10:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• wow my son does the same thign good lcuk
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• idk. Giovanna has never had that problem! shes too in love with her clothes to take them off! lol
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 1:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I had a problem with my DD when she was 3 about wearing/keeping her shoes on. One morning, after struggling with her and late for work, I had ENOUGH. I said FINE, lets go. No shoes, she thought she was the coolest kid on earth, strutting around...she had won the battle. That is until she walked out side, into the SNOW. She wanted her shoes on real quick then. Never gave me a problem after that.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010