a friend of mine her 18 month old son broke his arm she clames that a fan fell out of the window and fell on top of him.

He has a cast from the fingers up to the shoulder. He is 18 months old. I posted a couple days ago about this, but didn't know how he broke it then I fouond out today. She keeps him in his crib all day long from like 10:30 until like 7 then puts him back down at 8. She shoves food down her kids throat cause she believes even if they don't like something that have for dinner she believes they still need to eat it because someone else likes it. She says that his arm got broke from the fan window fell out of the window on him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh my that's horrible. It sounds like her reasoning is very unlikely. And if it did fall on him why was it positioned like that and why wasn't she keeping an eye on him. The whole thing sounds not right. Sounds like those kids are not being taken care of properly and maybe need some intervention.
    fireflymcl

Answer by fireflymcl at 9:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you're suspicious let the authorities know. Having said that it can happen. When my son was 20 months old he tripped walking up stairs, holding my hand. He fell and dislocated his shoulder and broke his collar bone. Thank God my neighbor saw it happen. The ER serparated me from my terrified screaming child and called CPS. If it hadn't been witnessed who knows what would have happened. Just be cautious in judgement of others.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i highly doubt that and i wouldnt be suprised it social sevices got called at the hospital if not u should if u care!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• This sounds like a VERY SAD siuation, but what is your question? Call cps on her if this is true!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Maybe you should call CPS to investigate... The story isn't believable.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Wow!! It realy seems like she needs Childrens services in her life, but before you decide something like that talk to her, because calling them really hurts a mother deep down.. Maybe she needs a little help!! But I do highly doubt that the fan broke his arm and if it did she should have been watching...
    mamaof3kiddoz

Answer by mamaof3kiddoz at 10:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If the hospital thought foul play the child wouldn't have gone home. Casts cover a lot more than the actual broken area and can look worse than they are. She may not be mom of the year, but it doesn't mean she did it to him either.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That sounds like a crock of s*it answer.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• if you dont do the right thing you're as guilty as the neglecter IMO
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Welll I know a kiddo who DIED because a fan fell out of a window on her. I say its totally plausable. That doesn't mean that she's not a craptastic parent though....
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010