How can i get my one year old daughter to sleep at nite?

brandiestevens

Asked by brandiestevens at 9:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Soft music from a radio or clock/radio had a calming affect on my children and put them to sleep in no time.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Not sure what you have tried so far. I know for us we had to let our kids cry a little every night. I would put them to bed and sit outside there room. Every time they would pick up their head I would say some thing like "Lay Down". After a few nights this seemed to work.

If she cries you could try the letting her cry for a little bit and then go check on her. Remember don't pick her up, just rub her back and tell her she is okay and that it is time for bed.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• For all of human history and in most cultures tody mothers have breastfed and slept with their babies and toddlers. It's normal for toddlers to wake and breastfeed at night until they are 3 or older. It's hardwired in their brain. If babies don't breastfeed or sleep with mom it can be much harder. It's still normal for baby to wake until they are 3.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i let my dd cry it out for a few nights. then we got into a great routine. it was hard. took alot of time. i would give her a bath then give her milk then i would tell her its night night. she would take a little book and her blanket and i would put her in her crib and lay her down. sometimes we read or quiet play or watch a video on youtube. but when i tell her night night now she points to her crib or walks over to it. it has worked like a charm. but i really think its different for everyone. i was just not liking her having to be with me in bed and having to move her to her crib. it was just not the way i wanted her to learn to sleep on her own. i am a single mother so its all on me. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have tryed letting her cry but i feel bad and always pick her up to stop the crying. she goes to sleep by her self but wakes up throught the nite.
    brandiestevens

Comment by brandiestevens (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010