What does CHD Stand for?

What Birth Defect that one out of every 85 children born will have?
The answer is Congential Heart Defects.
It is easy to think that it won't happen to you. I used to think the same thing. Then my Daughter was born with a CHD. I had a short amount of time to educate myself on the roller coaster ride we had just been thrown onto.
I would suggest that each and every one of you educate yourselfs about CHD, signs, symptoms and detection.
Early detection is so important and contrary to popular belief, all Doctors do not know what they are doing. For FOUR years I told Doctors that something was wrong with my Daughter's heart and they told me she was fine. When I finally raised cane and got into a specialist she had to have Emergency Open Heart Surgery. Had it not been for my Mothers Instinct and my educating myself, she may have died.
Please take the time to learn more about CHD. 1 out of every 85 is a lot of kids.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 10:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I honestly never knew that! Thank you for the information. That really is a lot of kids... around 72,000 a year. I gave you a bump on this, people need to know.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• bump! and good luck with you dd!!! glad she is ok!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i gave you my last bump of the day!! :)
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I hope that this will be informing to many.

I also hope that it will encourage you to get your Children checked for it.

Do you watch the news? There are many children who die on the Basketball Court, Football Field, etc from undetected CHD's. If your child is the most important thing to you then the best thing you can do for them is to have them checked for CHD.

Please Bump so the word gets out.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• my brother inlaw passed away from this :(
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• RileyMommy, I am so sorry to hear that. It is because of all of the deaths that I do whatever I can to help raise awareness. I have a website about it, a blog about it and my Daughter and I have been int he local papers about it.
    We attend heart walks every year and raise money to help with research.
    I am so proud of my Daugther because she really tries to make others understand how much hers effects her and how important it is to find out about them. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't think it can happen to them and they don't find out about it until someone has already passed away.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Thank you girls. I truly appreciate it.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2010