How do I get my bed back!?

My dd was very good at sleeping in her crib till she was 18mo old & got sick. I put her in our bed for 5days straight & she got adjusted, so she never went back to crib. Now, DD is turning 2 OCT31 and I think its ready for her to go to her own bed (she has a Toddler bed in her room). But I am clueless on how to succefully do this!
Need lots of advice!
I dont think letting her CIO would work. she would end up falling asleep at the door, and not in her bed (im not for CIO anyways), I would like to ease her into her own bed... the less tears the better.
Thanks :)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In one day I got my four year old SS out of this habit.

I went to the store and spent $10 on glow in the dark stars that I had him help hang up. He was so proud of the job he did with the hanging of the stars and loved the fact that he had something to look at while falling asleep.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Start moving her after she has fallen asleep from your bed to her bed. When she geets use to this then you can start having her fall alseep in her bed.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• For about a week, we would lay in our son's room until he fell asleep. Then for about a week we would sit in there with him until he got close to sleep. Then we would read a story and leave. It took a litle while but it worked.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• we are going to try the star thing & lay with her till she falls asleep & then we r going to do what mom1stepmom1 suggested!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008