Crock Pot Recipes?

We are adding a new baby to our family in about 10 weeks and I need to come up with some things to freeze and some crockpot meals that will be easy for me to make once he arrives.
Any and All will be appreciated :-)

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 10:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Congratulations! There's a group here called Crock Pot Moms you might be interested in. Also, I have a crockpot cookbook called, "Fix It and Forget It Cookbook" by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good. I made Orange Chicken today for the first time and Cranberry Chicken two days ago for the first time with this cookbook. Both dishes were yummy and my boys liked them too!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Chili
    stew
    wild rice casserole
    bar-b-q chicken,pork,beef
    if you do any recipe with pasta do not fully cook the pasta because if you do then reheat it in the crock pot then it will be mushy
    scalloped potatoes and ham
    au gratin potatoes with chunks of kielbasa
    any soups
    boneless chicken and gravy
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• oh here is one thing my 19 yr old loves me to do for her. she does not live at home so I get foil tins and add mashed potatoes, veggie and meat or turkey to each tin. wrap in foil,freeze, then she bakes them at 350 for 45 minutes and she says just loves it! and it gives me and a reason to visit, lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I get a good size chunk of ham cut it in to chunks and mix up 2 boxes of scalloped potatoes and cook it all day on a low temp. Makes the house smell good and makes an awesome meal!
    karaa3

Answer by karaa3 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• throw a roast in the crockpot with water, garlic salt and pepper, when it cooks take it out and shred and put on buns with caramalized onions, peppers and pepperjack cheese, or on tortillas with chipotle mayo, provolone and romaine
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i made a huge batch of tuna and noodles, needed to use up some caNNED VEGGIES i split it into 4 containers, lasagna is good for freezing, if u like crab meat i have a good recipe, and u can freeze chili or even can it in a hot water bath
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• meatballs are my guilty crockpot pleasure
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I cook all kinds of meat in our crockpot. I don't usually like the veggies from the crockpot so I'll put those on the oven or get the heat-up sides to go with it. Our favorites are whole chicken, seaoned with season salt, garlic salt and pepper, whole ham, country ribs with BBQ sauce, pork chops browned and layered with cream of mushroom, pork roast with a little liquid smoke cooked until it's falling apart, baked potatoes (wrap in foil - you can do regular or sweet potatoes this way), beef roast with lipton soup mix and beef stock. You can also do great soups and stews - chili, beef stew, chicken noodle soup, green chili pork stew. I would also recommend picking up a copy of the Fix It and Forget It Cookbook I started baking in my crockpot after I got a copy.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2010