kid-friendly butternut?

Who has a recipe for butternut squash that kids just love?

THANKS!!

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 10:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Spiced Butternut Muffins

Ingredients:
    1/2 pound peeled, seeded and cubed
    butternut squash
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 cup white sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    3/4 cup milk
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
    2. In a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, boil squash 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and puree in a food processor.
    3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, white sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
    4. In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together milk, egg and butter. Stir in squash. Fold the squash mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
    5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling cups about 1/2 full. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Butternut squash soup is excellent, but I'd weight until the weather cools down!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Cut in half, scoop out seeds, bake until tender (not mushy). Scoop flesh out of skin and mix with a little butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. My kids love this!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Peel and cube it up with 2 to 4 green apples, also peeled and cubed add cinnamon and sugar and some butter pats cover and bake in the oven (350) till soft. It swear it tastes like apple pie filling.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Mash it into cheese sauce in Mac and cheese!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Cut in half, bake cut side down in pan with about 1/2 inch of water til a fork easily peirces it. Let cool enough to handle, and scoop out the squash. Add in butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar to taste, and whip (I use my hand-held mixer). Serve as-is or pour into a greased oven-safe dish and bake til hot again.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/butternut-squash-risotto-recipe/index.html
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I buy it already cut and cubed at Costco. I steam it until soft but not mushy. For the kids I drizzle butter and brown sugar..or maple sryup over top. They gobble it like crazy. One is a really picky eater normally.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010