Can toddler boys play nice together?

I want my son to have friends, in my family there is no one his age. I have a few friends with kids very close to his age. When we hang out my friends kids are teaching him bad things. One says the F word and taught him how to pinch. The other one bit him so bad his hand swoll up and was bruised. Am I going to have to deal with this on Every play date?? And I watch him VERY closely, but it still happens. )=
(They are 18 months old)

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 10:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, you're not going to have that at every playdate. Simply for the fact that not all boys are rough and rowdy, and as well not all parents lack in parenting as those apparently do. There are kids out there, hopefully that your son can play with, that aren't going to be a bad influence. As well as parents that teach their children good manners. Again, not every boy is rough and rowdy, rude and ill mannered. There are boys with fair tempers, calm demeanors, and just generally not the "Typical Boy". And really those are more common anymore.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• sounds like you need to talk to your friends... my little guy goes back to daycare next week, but i certainly hope he won't be displaying any of those behaviorisms....
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Toddlers can play nice. What is a good way for them to play is to each play on their own and interact when they feel like it. Often parents will try will push them into playing together and try to force them into sharing.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My son's cousin is a bad influence sometimes. My son will act out whenever he's been hanging around his cousin. I just do my best to intervene when it gets out of control.
    Moonwhispers

Answer by Moonwhispers at 10:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ya my friend who has the child that bit him was very sorry and he was put in time out.
    The other friend, just doesnt care! it is horrible! I told her about how he taught him to pinch and she said "Well, he was going to learn it eventually." Ugh!

sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• are you serious these parents are obviously not teaching the kids the right things is why they are teaching your child this as a parent you need to speak up for your child because the child cant speak up for themself and wouldnt know to speak up because if being taught this kids will just suspect that what they are being told is the truth and that its right. wrong.do something for your child. no one wants their baby to be lonely but making your baby a better person in life makes things better for everybody. theres way to many hoodlums and thugs and groupies already. choose a differnt path for your little one.
    chedda

Answer by chedda at 10:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• NOPE !!!!!

END play dates,..........

If they can not respect me and my child better than that......NO, NO, NO,

IF your child, bit her child, what would of happen ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have never had stuff that extreme. But they don't ever really play all that nice. I suggest new friends
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• the only reason y a kid acts that way is lack of discipline in the home, my friend brought her two boys over and the oldest one ended up getting into a fight with my sons friend because he finally ran into someone who wont take his abuse towards them.. both the children wer 9 and 10
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010