How many moms are going back to school?

I've been out of high school for 5 years and have 2 daughters and today was my first day of classes. There are too many things I want in life and want my daughters to have anything they want or need so I decided after I had my daughter this past February that I wanted to get my RN so I signed up for this fall :) 2 of my classes are on the campus which is only a few miles from my house and my other 2 classes are online. It'll be tough but I know I can go to school, be a mom/wife, and still keep my sanity :)

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in

• good for you! I'm doing the same thing...RN program. I still have some prerequsites to do...
    it is very hard with kids, but it will be worth it in the end!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I went back to school after being out of college for 10 years. I was a tough but rewarding experience.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I want to go back to school, but I am going to wait till my children are in school.
    Moonwhispers

Answer by Moonwhispers at 10:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm doing my pre-reqs right now and next fall I can apply for the nursing program here. A&P is going to kick my butt bc I'll be studying ALL the time...we have to learn all the bones, muscles, etc. And yes it will be worth it in the end! I want to work in labor and delivery :)
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You are being a great role model for your daughters...keep up the good work...and Good Luck to you!!!!
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 10:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You go girl. You won't regret it. I will have to get my doctorate to do anything else. It will be a long slow rd and I may not be ready
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I started today :) I'm trying to get my bachelor's degree in nursing, then transfer to a college of midwifery. I have a two year old daughter and I've been out of school for two years. I had pregnancy complications and had to drop out of college then because I was put on bed rest.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That's awesome. I've been in college for 2 years now- but I'm taking it slow. just a couple classes every semester including Summer. I found that was best for us.

I admire you for taking 4 classes! And for going back to school! GOOD LUCK!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm going back to school.............as a teacher! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Congratulations on going back. It is not an easy thing to do. I had been out of school for 11 years when I decided to go back. This is my second year taking classes online. Like Erica I am taking things really slow so that I still have the time that I need to make good grades in my classes, care for DS, take care of the house and anything else that I need to do.

Best of luck to you. I hope everything works out for you.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2010