My 2 year old daughter...Does not listen and she's is starting to be very bossy.

What should I do to get her to listen to me and how do I make her stop being so bossy.. "yes she is the only child." She's mostly bossy and mean to me and her dad and now she's starting to boss her grandparents.. Not good at all!

Help Please before this get too bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol you should see my almost four year old lol. I think the best thing you can do is pick a punishment and be consistent with it. Explain to her why you are punishing her and that it isn't ok for her to talk to you or daddy like that.
    Moonwhispers

Answer by Moonwhispers at 10:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• its the age i have a 3 year old girl that is somewhat like that she is very spoiled , and forgets her place as a child sometimes. i spank but it has to be something that could seriously hurt her or someone else but for petty things and just not wanting to listen the threat of a spanking goes a long way i don't do time outs or warnings that doesn't work. well not in my household anyways. but as young as they are you better start getting her to respect elders because others will not tolerate it as you will.
    chedda

Answer by chedda at 10:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I was a SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER for 2&3 years olds at once.....

Take her by the arm (just above the elbow) and say

"LOOK AT MY EYES !" (insistis she does)

And say "I am boss,and so is daddy "

You are the chid, You will go by OUR RULES !

You are NOT BOSS.

NO FURTURE DISSCUSSION...end it there.

P/S make sure you and dad are on same page "WITH RULES"
    Then put in time-out and DO NOT GIVE IN AT ALL!!!!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I hate there is no spell check ....sorry
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It's definitley the age. At two they are aware that they have the control to make choices and it can be very fustrating to us adults! Be patient! If my daughter chooses not to follow the rules, no discussion or warning, she stands in the corner. She got so sick of the corner she thinks a little bit more before she acts.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm with Moonwhispers and chedda... Pick a consequence and be consistent. No warnings. Constant redirection. I remind my DD all of the time that if she's disrespectful, then she will earn a T.O. When she says something negative, I put her in T.O., then I process with her. I tell her that what she said was inappropriate and I give her examples of what she could have said to get her needs met in a respectful way. GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Wow, that is a problem I never had. I have four, they are 18 years apart, oldest to youngest. I would nip it in the bud tho.... time outs, taking away toys... whatever it takes. If she is induldged with this habit now, imagine her as a teenager.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010