how to replace...

Do any of you know how to replace the copper pipe under my kitchen sink? I would also need step by step instructions. I bought the stuff i need (I think) and don't know what to do next. Thank you!

StephanAndCoral

Asked by StephanAndCoral at 10:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• YouTube!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Cut out the old pipe, solder in the new pipe. I'm sure you can find a video of it on you tube.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• A plumber. Usually when it has to deal with copper pipes you need to hire a professional because there may be a need to get permits.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• thnak you! i will look into it I know how to solder and have a whole soldering kit. (took metal and welding in high school)
    StephanAndCoral

Comment by StephanAndCoral (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• itsallabtthem84 the place that I talked to said that said I can replace them because they are in the house and above ground. but i will look into the permit thing just to be sure. thanks
    StephanAndCoral

Comment by StephanAndCoral (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ask around and see if anyone you know has a set of Pex crimpers. Pex is so much easier and you can get pressure fittings that allow you to move from copper to Pex rather painlessly. The Pex parts themselves are very reasonably priced, the the crimpers are expensive to purchase. You may even be able to rent them from a tool rental place. Not for sure on that. We borrow my dad's crimpers. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• we have a place down the street that does tool rentals thanks
    StephanAndCoral

Comment by StephanAndCoral (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• google it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010